June 9, 2011

See ya never 1960's!


When we walked through our house as potential buyers, the first thing James noticed was how much he hated the kitchen.  I agreed, it was definitely outdated but it was a good size, open and it had a great flow with the rest of the house...the visions had already started.    


Previous Owner's Kitchen
I have been obsessing over a new kitchen for months, maybe longer.  I could not get it out of my head.  I looked into brand new cabinets, then just replacing the doors on the existing cabinets and finally just adding molding to the current doors...ANYTHING to update the kitchen.  I finally came to terms that it just was not going to happen.  I did not want to do it unless it was a total gut because the layout was terrible.  It was not rational to put any money into the existing cabinets only to still want to take them out later.  I swear as soon as I let go of the idea of a gorgeous new kitchen, James started talking about it!  



Kitchen being painted by my grandparents before we moved in!

So we are redoing the kitchen!  Our budget is $10,000 and we will be keeping the existing flooring and appliances...everything else is fair game.  Stay tuned for the details of our new kitchen, budget breakdown and how we saved money!

Starting to clear out for demo day!

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree with you - the kitchen has a fantastic open plan flow to it! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011